Monday, July 6, 2015

Old and new...

Happy belated 4th of July!!
 I hope everyone had an enjoyable day.  In spite of the downpours we experienced at our festivities, we had a wonderful day with family.  The hubby and I went back "home" to spend the holiday with family and participate in the annual "Mile Long Yard Sale" that my aunt's neighborhood has hosted for over 20 years.  It's practically become a regional event.  We saw license plates from several different states!!  While it poured most of the day, we did get a chance to walk around a little and look at the "offerings" that were put out.  It was slow going, between the rain, baby strollers, wagons, golf carts being driven around, and the gobs of people.  Reminded me of this little snail who was on my sidewalk last night! All in all, a good day spent with good friends and family.

Rewind a little, as I was getting ready, at 4 AM, I started to think about how many old computers and gaming systems people would be trying to get rid of that day.

That made me stop and think about all the tech tools and devices that I'm busily learning about and how much longer they have to live.  Stop!  Think about that...how much longer will all the devices, apps, programs, and such still be around and used in the next 5, 10, 20 years?  Made you stop and think, didn't I? What will be the newest app we all have to have?  What will phones be able to do?  Will tablets still be as hot of an item?  Hmm...my brain's still working on those questions.

 I finished getting ready and headed off to my aunt's house and was determined that I was going to look for old stuff and take pics.
This is 5:30 in the morning!  They smiled all day!
Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans for my blog post so all I have are pics of "Little Man" and my nieces decked out for the day instead of the discarded tech items I had in mind.
Still smiling!  This was at 3 in the afternoon!!
The rain finally stopped, but most of the shoppers were done for the day at this point.
Oh well, such is life!  Instead, you'll have to enjoy the sweetness of my little loves!  Enjoy their cuteness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment